SGI is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative, science and technology-based company.
Our team consists of talented, passionate and driven individuals who want to make a positive impact on the world. SGI offers competitive benefits, a beautiful southern California location, sustainable philosophies and a healthy and stimulating work environment.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and welfare, equity ownership in the company through stock options, 401K benefits and paid time off
- We care about the environment and work to reduce our carbon footprint through green activities, education programs and waste reduction strategies
- We support a healthy work life balance by encouraging a variety of interests outside of the office including cycling, soccer, surfing, sailing and team building events
We are seeking top-notch, creative thinkers in all areas of science, technology and administrative groups, to join our team in La Jolla, CA.
Go to our Career Portal.
- Medical (PPO & HMO options)
- Life Insurance-Company paid
- Supplemental Life Insurance Options
- Stock Options
- 401(k) Plan
- Free, professional retirement/investment counseling service
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Plans-Company paid
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Holidays
- Wellness Programs
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Recognition Awards
- On-site Dry Cleaning pick up & delivery service available
As an environmentally responsible company, SGI is working hard to minimize our impact on the environment through innovative waste reduction and employee education programs. SGI also collaborates with organizations to help conserve biological diversity. By sampling and characterizing the microbes living in the waters of in our local San Elijo lagoon, our scientists hope to better understand what these microbes do and how they might be affecting the lagoon.
We’ve also received several recognitions for our green efforts. SGI was named the overall winner on AlwaysOn’s cutting-edge clean tech list, GoingGreen 100, for the implications of our technology and scope of our business; we were recognized for improving the environment by reducing waste by the California Integrated Waste Management Board for our efforts to reduce, reuse, recycle and buy recycled; and we were awarded the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department Director’s Recycling Award.
- IT Operations Manager
- Systems Administrator, Linux
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Scientist/Scientist II
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Scientist, Mammalian Synthetic Biology
- Senior Research Associate, Mammalian Synthetic Biology
- Facilities Technician
- Research Associate, Molecular Biology
- Scientist/Scientist II
- Bioinformatics Scientist
- Executive Assistant
- Program Manager, Product Development
- Bio-Technician - Imperial Valley
- Product Sales Specialist, Pacific Central and Northwest Territory
- Recovery Engineer
- Manufacturing Technician
- Patent Agent
- Principal Scientist, Photosynthesis
- Senior Systems Engineer
SGI-DNA Launches Gibson Assembly® Ultra Kit for Robust, Seamless and Efficient Construction of Synthetic Genes, Genetic Pathways and Whole Genomes(LA JOLLA, CA) January 14, 2015–SGI-DNA a...
SGI-DNA Launches Gibson Assembly® HiFi 1 Step Kit for Simple, Seamless and Rapid Construction of Synthetic Genes, Gene Clusters and Genetic Pathways(LA JOLLA, CA) November 19, 2014- SGI-DNA annou...
- J. Craig Venter, Ph.D., Co-founder and Former C...